Delight Foodie Friends with Swedish tastes this Christmas
The popularity of Scandinavian food shows no sign of abating with more and more of us turning to this nutritious yet simplistic style. So why not treat your foodie friends to their very own taste of Sweden this Christmas?
Peter’s Yard, the award-winning UK based artisan bakery produces thin, light, delicious hand-crafted crispbread to an authentic recipe from Sweden, the natural home of crispbread. The Peter’s Yard range Original recipe uses just five all-natural ingredients which include wholewheat flours, fresh milk, honey and a naturally fermenting sourdough made as it would have been centuries ago in Sweden. High in fibre, completely natural and free from anything artificial.
As well as the traditional, original crispbread, Peter’s Yard have two flavoured crispbreads: a Seeded Wholegrain with whole oat groats, buckwheat, roasted sunflower seeds and linseeds and a Spelt & Fig Crispbread made with Spelt flour and sweet fig pieces.
The crispbreads are exceptionally versatile and can be used in so many ways to impress guests this Christmas and New Year; as canapés, with dips, to create the base for a starter or as an impressive centrepiece when serving a cheeseboard.
The opportunities to devour the crispbreads are endless:
- As a starter: top with Gravad lax for a Scandinavian style starter
- Create cool canapés: using smoked salmon, prawns, avocado, crayfish or avocado
- With a dip: the ideal foil to use with creamy, spicy or herby dips
- As a centrepiece: serve alongside a selection of artisan cheese when entertaining friends over Christmas & New Year
- Keep it simple: spread with butter or drizzle in honey for a lazy breakfast on Christmas morning
- Boxing Day Buffet: serve with cold meats, pâtés, salads and pickles
The Peter’s Yard range is available at leading food halls, speciality food stores and delicatessens or from www.petersyard.com. A selection of packs are also available at Waitrose and Ocado: Original Crispbreads 105g and 180g (£2.95 and £3.49 respectively), Spelt & Fig (100g £2.95) and Seeded Wholegrain (105g £2.95).